Aaron Frank, Town Manager
Audit: The Town of Colchester has received its annual audit from Sullivan, Powers & Co., P.C. (Certified Public Accountants). We have a clean audit, with no findings.
Congratulations to Finance Director Lara Alemy, Finance Officer Julie LaPlume and staff members Joe Landry and Amy Baker for their consistent production of accurate financial records; to the Town Clerk/Treasurer Julie Graeter and her staff for billing and recording revenues in a responsible manner; and to the entire Town staff who must follow ten different Selectboard polices related to financial management.
Find the audit report at: https://colchesterVT.gov/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/729
Town Report: The Annual Town Report includes: warnings for our annual town and school meetings; minutes from last year’s meetings; a dedication to essential workers; reports from your Selectboard, town manager, department heads, town and regional boards and commissions; information on the proposed budget and public safety capital plan; a list of elected and appointed officials and their contact information. https://www.colchestervt.gov/DocumentCenter/View/6493/2020-Town-ReportEDITEDCOLOR
The Colchester Historical Society encourages Colchester students grades 6 – 12 to participate in Vermont History Day State Contest. Colchester had a winner for the first time ever last year, and we would really love to see more participation this year. Students may participate as individuals or as teams of 2-5 students. And there are special prizes! Prizes range from $50 - $350, depending on the sponsor of the prize.
This year's Vermont History Day theme is “Communication in History – The Key to Understanding.” The event will be conducted virtually. Please note the registration deadline is March 1, and it's not too early to get started now.
The Vermont Historical Society hosts this amazing annual event and all the exciting details are available at https://vermonthistory.org/historyday. Specific questions may be addressed to Victoria Hughes at email@example.com or (802) 828-1413.
The Town Offices will be closed on Monday, February 15 in observance of President’s Day.
COVID Cases in Colchester: 435 total cases as of 2/3/2021; this is 29 new cases in the last seven days (404 cases as of 1/27/2021).
St. Michaels College COVID Cases: Seven new cases the week of February 1, 2021. Total case count is 90 since testing began in the summer of 2020. See https://www.smcvt.edu/return-to-campus/covid-dashboard/ for campus COVID updates.
Director Public Works
- Working on the right-of-way phase for the reconstruction of the Prim and West Lakeshore Drive Intersection.
- Currently working on the design and engineering needed for the future construction of a single lane roundabout at the Bayside intersection.
- Working within the right-of-way phase for stormwater improvements in Shore Acres and the surrounding area to improve water quality in Malletts Bay.
- Advancing repairs to the Town’s three fire stations following the completion of a detailed condition assessment.
- Continuing the development of a phosphorus control plan to improve water quality in Malletts Bay.
- Developing the FY22 Stormwater and Wastewater Budget.
Visit http://colchestervt.gov/publicworks or call (802) 264-5620.
Director Economic Development
- Continue to monitor the impacts and consider sector specific research of COVID-19 on our business community.
- Monitoring vacancies and pandemic impact to landlords of commercial buildings and also the impact to small businesses who are affected by remote workers.
- Monitoring and working with land owners.
- Continue working on commercial properties and availability.
- Participated in the Vermont Chamber and Lake Champlain Chamber webinars on various subjects including the economy and more.
- Continue to attend Colchester-Milton Rotary meetings via Zoom.
Visit http://www.colchestervt.gov/312/Economic-Development or call (802) 264-5508.
Upcoming Town Meetings
Agendas available at: https://clerkshq.com/Colchester-vt
- Planning Commission: Next meeting: February 16th, at 7:00 PM via Zoom; https://zoom.us/j/9359846003; Zoom Webinar ID: 935 984 6003
- Mail or email public testimony prior to the hearing (firstname.lastname@example.org or Town of Colchester Planning Commission, 781 Blakely Road, Colchester, VT 05446)
- Development Review Board: Development Review Board: Next meeting: February 10, 2021 at 7:00 PM via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/9359846003; Zoom Webinar ID: 935 984 6003
- Live stream: http://lcatv.org/live-stream-2
- Mail or email public comments prior to the hearing (email@example.com)or Town of Colchester, c/o Development Review Board, 781 Blakely Road, Colchester, VT 05446) or participate at public comment periods during the Zoom meeting.
- Recreation Advisory Board: Next meeting: TBA
- Conservation Commission: 3rd Monday of the month. Next meeting: February 15, 2021 via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/94009416919 Dial by phone: 1-929-205-6099; Meeting ID: 940 0941 6919; Passcode: 291046
- Library Board of Trustees: Next meeting: February 18, 2021 at 4:30 PM. Dial: (929) 205-6099 Meeting ID: 913 5435 3560 Passcode: 559104.
- Selectboard: Special Informational Meeting: February 16, 2021 at 10 AM on the two March ballot items: the FY22 Town Municipal Services Budget and the Public Safety Capital Plan.
- Live stream: http://lcatv.org/live-stream-2
- Attend via phone:Dial in: 1-929-205-6099; Meeting ID: 956 6785 6314; Passcode: 218605
-Next regular meeting: February 23, 2021 at 6:30 PM.
Attend via phone: 1-929-205-6099; Meeting ID: 919 9742 0365; Passcode: 565040. Alternatively, send a note to TownManager@colchestervt.gov with “Citizens to be Heard” in the Subject and their name. As with in-person Citizens to be Heard, we ask that you SHARE YOUR ADDRESS. The email will be shared with the entire Selectboard prior to the meeting and included in the information packet at the next meeting.
- Watch the meeting online via live stream: http://lcatv.org/live-stream-2
Selectboard Agenda: www.bit.ly/Colchester-SB-Agendas
Subscribe to the Town Newsletter: https://www.colchestervt.gov/list.aspx
For more information or to comment call 264-5509 or email firstname.lastname@example.org