The Colchester Sun accepts submissions for letters to the editor, calendar listings, news tips, classifieds ads and engagement and wedding announcements.
Letter to the editor
All letters submitted will be sent to Courtney A. Lamdin, executive editor, of The Colchester Sun and will be published at the editor’s discretion.
- Letters must be 450 words or less.
- Email letters to email@example.com the Friday before publication at 5 p.m. Exceptions can be made if the editor expects your letter and reserves space.
- Include your full name, phone number and address for verification. No anonymous letters will be printed. You must call to confirm your letter so we can ensure you were indeed the sender.
- Letters should respond to content in The Sun and/or be relevant to our coverage area.
- If submitted from out of town, a letter-writer must establish his or her connection to Colchester.
- The Sun will publish comments left on its Facebook wall or to its Twitter account (@colchestersun).
- The editor will not publish a letter:
- If it is an advertisement or promotes a fundraiser or
- If it contains crude, potentially libelous or uncorroborated material.
- If it is a candidate support letter and comes in the week before an election. We do not print political letters the week prior to elections in order to give opponents time to respond.
- The Sun encourages dialogue. A few things to keep in mind when responding to other letters:
- Public figures, by nature, are more open to public scrutiny, but keep criticism civil and constructive.
- The editor is less likely to print letters that are critical of private citizens. If named in a letter, the subject may respond to it.
- The editor reserves the right to withhold publication of any letter.
The Colchester Sun welcomes listings of local events in our community calendar from people throughout the area. We give preference to free, local events. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Engagement and wedding announcements
Submit engagement information, including a photo, to email@example.com.
Achievements and birth announcements
Got a new addition to your family? A promotion? Other accolades? Submit them here, along with a photo: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Heard something about town? Tell us about it: email@example.com.
To place your ad, please email Gail Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call her at 524-9771 Ext. 117 to arrange pre-payment. Deadline: Fridays by 4 p.m. for the following week’s publication. The Sun posts classified ads, 25 words or less, for lost and found items for no charge.
Submit obituaries, along with a photo, for your loved ones to email@example.com.
Subscribe for home delivery
Full year: $125
Six months: $63
Call 878-5282 for further details.
For all other inquiries, please contact us at 878-5282.